Saturday, October 29, 2011

Art of Coming Back

I began this blog several years ago to help me cope with, and transition through, that tough time that arrives for each of us - the time of accepting death for someone we love. I was dealing with a two-sided foe, in that my father and his wife were each suffering from heart failure. Two people that had been vibrant and traveling the world, taking on each corner they could find, were now stopped...ahead of their time. We were confronted with a new timeline - one that held shorter minutes, but thankfully, deeper moments. It was in these moments that a thousand unfinished threads were sorted out, or acknowledged, and the final garment sewn. It was here that I learned that goodbye had many faces...and facets. And, it was here that I was drawn closer to Grace - receiving the lesson that all is truly meaningful, if you will open your heart and allow it be made clear.
It has been several years since I wrote on this blog, but tonight seems like a good time to open the page once more and let the words have their breath. It will not be about death, this time. At least, not that I am aware of, but it will be about living. It will be about accepting the twists and turns, the joys and the sorrows, and the light with the dark...it will be about the art of weathering. For in weathering much beauty is made and meaning formed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home